The following privacy notice outlines how Louella Belle collects, uses, protects and transfers your personal data. Louella Belle is a distribution company which provides products for the professional salon environment. You can contact the data protection officer/data owner by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Unit 1, Atlantic Business Centre, Stirling Way, Borehamwood Herts, WD6 2FQ
Personal data collected
The personal data that we collect is:
- Invoice & Delivery Address
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Phone number
- Order history information
- Professional Status
- In operating our Website we may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1 Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data. Data used in Google Analytics will be kept for a maximum of 50 months.
1.2 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
1.3 Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services to provide statistical information regarding the use of our Website.
Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our Website.
Any advertising featured on this Website may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our Website.
For more information on cookies you can read the guidance at All About Cookies.
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Purpose and Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
Louella Belle takes your privacy seriously and we will never sell or rent your personal data to any third-party. Sharing of your data and direct marketing activities are only carried out with your express consent, which you are free to withdraw at any time.
We need to obtain and process your personal data to provide you with our products and services to fulfil our business and legal obligations. We will never collect any personal information from you that we do not need or retain any data that is no longer necessary for the purposes specified in this notice.
Where we request sensitive personal data from you (i.e. health or medical data), the reason(s) for the request will be clearly given along with the purposes of the processing. Explicit consent through a signature will always be required for us to obtain and process your health information.
Who is processing my data?
Louella Belle, Unit 1, Atlantic Business Centre Stirling Way, Borehamwood Herts, WD6 2FQ are the data controller and processes your personal information for the purposes laid out in this privacy notice. DotMailer acts as data processor on behalf of Louella Belle, for marketing email purposes and do not have access to personal information. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Your personal data is processed to:
- Collect specific personal data (name, address, email, contact number, DOB) that is
- Required to enter into a contract to sell a product or service.
- Engage in communication with you including new product launches, invoices and order confirmations or education or training course confirmations.
- Ensure a safe service and provide industry standard advice.
- Select relevant offers, promotions and information for you.
- Estimate the number of customers we have.
- Hold personal data that is required by law or to respond to legal process.
- Hold for insurance purposes.
- Store customer records for invoicing purposes.
Your rights as the individual
If your personal data is held by Louella Belle you hold particular rights over it. Where you have provided consent for us to contact you as part of our marketing services, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe option accompanied with all of our direct marketing or by contacting the Louella Belle Data Officer.
You also have the right:
- To be informed of how your personal data will be used before it is collected.
- To access your personal data personal data and to information on how your
- Information is used after it has been gathered.
- To have personal data corrected if it is incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date.
- To request the removal or deletion of personal data where there is no compelling
- Reason for its continued processing.
- To restrict processing, to ‘block’ processing of your personal data.
- To data portability, having your data moved, copied or transferred from Louella Belle to another organisation in an easily readable format.
- To object to direct marketing from us.
Special categories of personal data collected
Accounts, Business and Qualification questions are asked in many of our account forms to potentially highlight courses or invoice information we may need to process your order. Louella Belle asks for consent prior to gathering and processing this information. At any time after giving consent, you can withdraw you consent, subject to legal, insurance and contractual restrictions (see more on ‘your rights as an individual’). Your privacy is very important to us and we only use this information for determining your suitability for the treatment.
Process of collection
Your personal data is collected when you provide it to us through our website registration process or over the phone, by email, social media, in writing or any other means by which you provide it to us. Information is stored using our customer Relations Management System platform as well as some level of paper record keeping.
Louella Belle gives you access to information about your [GG2] account and orders through your online account, for the limited purpose of viewing and updating that information. To view your information, you can log into our website and visit “My Account”.
Your personal data is shared only with our customer relations management software representatives in cases that customer support and troubleshooting is required for the salon. Louella Belle do not share your personal information with any third-party without your prior consent, other than those already disclosed in this privacy notice or as part of our legal obligations under the relevant data protection laws.
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data. We may or they may contact you by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- Please note that by registering on our website you will provide us with customer data, which will be used internally and/or with third parties. If you do not want us to use your data for third parties you have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this by contacting us directly at any time.
Use of Data Processors
Data processors are third parties who provide some elements of our business services for us. Where we use a third-party, we have strict agreements in place governing the processing of your personal data, on which no action can be taken without instruction from us. The third-parties with whom we work will never share or disclose your personal information and will hold it securely at all times.
Customer Relations Management Software
Louella Belle use software provided by Access to process your orders, store your business name and address and any invoicing details we need to process your order.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Louella Belle retains your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client. Louella Belle are required under tax laws to keep your personal data for a minimum of 7 years. Health and Safety records will be retained for 10 years and where we have your consent for marketing purposes, we will retain the minimum required data until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive such information.
The criteria for which we would continue to process your personal information includes:
- Where there is a legal basis, obligation or legitimate interest to continuing processing your personal information
- Where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
Transfers of personal information
When your personal data is processed through our customer relations management software, all of it is held within the EU. Your information is processed by the customer relations management software and stored in the cloud. During this process your data is encrypted in transit and at rest.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing your information
- Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Consequences of not providing your personal information to Louella Belle
In the event that you want to purchase a product or service from Louella Belle, certain personal information is required to enter into a contract with you. Louella Belle will not be able to enter into a contract with you to fulfil an attempt to purchase a product or service if you do not provide your personal information. As noted in this privacy statement, we are processing your personal data to comply with legal and statutory obligations and in the performance of a contract. You can
Always choose not to provide personal information; however, we will be unable to provide certain products, services and treatments in these instances.
Safeguarding your Personal Data
Appropriate measures are taken to protect your personal data from access from unauthorized persons or inappropriate access, internal or external. Your connection to our customer relations management software, uses a HTTP Secure communication protocol and TLS security. This means all information passed to our customer relations management software, is encrypted during data input and transfer to the cloud. Any paper files recording your personal data are held in a locked filing cabinet or safe which can only be accessed by authorised personnel in the salon. Employees are only assigned specific access rights and can only access the salon software with the PIN number assigned to them by the management of the salon.
In the occurrence that you want to make a complaint about how your personal data was gathered, how it is being processed by Louella Belle (or third parties used by Louella Belle) or you are not satisfied about how a complaint has been handled, you retain the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Louella Belle.
Data Protection Commissioner, Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House,
Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
+44 (0) 303 123 1113
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is:
Louella Belle Limited
Unit 1, Atlantic Business Centre
Stirling Way, Borehamwood
Herts, WD6 2FQ